- Seek boredom. Create space and time for having nothing at all to do, to watch, to listen to. Go someplace where there is no one to talk to. Make time for you and raw reality to become acquainted again.
- Accept the impermanence of things. Autumn is a time of uncomfortable, undesirable, uncontrollable change. It’s best to change with it because it’s a fight you’re only going to lose.
- Get tough and resilient again. No more complaining. No more stalling. You are tough enough, brave enough, and as capable and deserving as anyone else. Dust yourself off, accept the current state of things, and figure it out.
- Pay attention to your attention. There is a war going on for your time and you haven’t shown up to fight for yourself. Reclaimed your time for you. Work with mindfulness and intentionality.
- Trade one episode (or one hour of TV) a night for 500 written words. Trade your nap time for 30 minutes of reading.
- Learn to practice. Every passion is a marathon and the only way to win is to train every day. Practice with an understanding of your own ignorance. Practice with forgiveness of your inadequacy.
- “Embrace what makes you wild. Pursue it.”
Thanks for reading! If you like this post check out my weekly-ish newsletter for inspiring reads + existential musings on life, love, and inevitable human suffering. Or help support what I do by sharing a virtual cup of coffee.
Post inspired by Nicholas Bate